Dr. David Maslove and Indoc Research are seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow for their collaborative NSERC/OCE/SOSCIP funded project, FoRCE (Focus on Research and Clinical Evaluation).
Indoc Research is a not-for-profit company that builds and manages complex medical research infrastructure for its research collaborators and clients. Indoc Research brings together the expertise of several prominent research organizations in the form of the Indoc Consortium, whose members include Indoc Research, the Neuroimaging group at the Rotman Research Institute, the Centre for Advanced Computing, and the Electronic Health Information Laboratory. The Consortium has developed and manages several large scale Research informatics platforms across multiple disease areas including neuroscience, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
FoRCE is a scalable and adaptable add-on module to the existing Indoc Informatics platform that will address the critical gaps in cybersecurity and privacy infrastructure within shared clinical and research settings, while fulfilling important unmet needs for both the clinical and research communities. FoRCE will provide the secure architecture and processes to support the collection, federation and sharing of data from distributed
clinical settings, including critical care units, clinical laboratories, and imaging facilities. The proposed platform will address several key issues including security considerations, infrastructure and software requirements for linkage, and solutions for handling streaming real time medical data, and ensuring regulatory and ethics compliance when linking diverse medical data modalities in a clinical setting.
This Post-doctoral fellowship position will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to acquire hands on experience in technical aspects of development and maintenance of large scale research informatics systems, within industry and academic settings. The Analytics PDF will be responsible for the following development activities related to the FoRCE project, as well as the wider Indoc Informatics platform as required:
- Development of FoRCE analytics subsystem
- Development of scalable analytics infrastructure to allow the Implementation of research based analytic tools
- Integration of analytics subsystem with the other FoRCE platform components
- Development of pipelines to make multi-modal data available to the analytics subsystem.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Equivalent
- Strong experience in ETL tools and making data services
- Experience with machine learning, predictive modelling, clustering, and classification
- Experience with data processing languages and tools, including Python, R, Scala
- Experience of at least one of the major RDBMS and / or no-SQL database systems such as Cassandra
- Experience with ELK and / or Apache Solr is a plus
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Strong experience in data transformation, reporting, aggregation, summarizing
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire
- Experience with Shinny, ELK stack is a plus
General Scientific Programmer
- Strong experience in one of the scientific programming languages, Python, R, Scala, etc
- Experience with XML, JSON, parquet
- Good understanding in data processing pipelines and data driven applications
- Experience in versioning control system, Git, SVN. etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Track record of initiative and self-organization
- Willingness and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Solid time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team across multiple disciplines
- Willingness to research and learn new approaches and technologies
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title “FoRCE Analytics Systems Development PDF Application”.