Head of Engineering (Toronto)
• Etobicoke M8W (remote and in-person options)
• Full-time, permanent position
• High- impact leadership role with a growing company, in an exciting start-up
• Reports directly to the CEO
At ShuffleSpace, we’ve built a virtual warehouse platform to solve the issue of lost
corporate assets, optimizing their use to facilitate on-going immersive experiences.
ShuffleSpace is a growing tech company that has seen over 200% growth during the
pandemic and has recently closed a round of funding. We work with a variety of
companies including some of the world’s largest consumer brands, with one goal in
mind: to make our clients’ lives easier. Innovative technology is the backbone on how
we simplify the process of storage and logistics.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to join us on this mission. Our ideal candidate
has vision, works across the leadership team to understand the long-term business
needs. They are able to architect modular solutions to deliver against the business
challenges, has extensive software development and technical leadership experience
and a desire to learn and be part of something new. And as we grow, so will your
leadership, impact, and responsibility.
Head of Engineering
As the head of engineering you will understand internal and external customer needs and
be able to translate the product roadmap into technical requirements. You will recruit and
coach your software development team to deliver on time and on budget, robust technical
solutions. Your scope will cover resource planning, development, analytics, quality
assurance, on-time milestone delivery, and budgeting.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Recruit, manage and mentor the development team, providing technical
guidance and direction.
• Translate the product roadmap into a development plan of record.• Understand customer problems and translate them from user stories into
• Manage the development projects against delivery commitments, project plans
and product roadmap.
• Implement the tools and best practices to follow an agile development and
• Responsible for architecting the overall solution and prototyping new features as
• Work closely with product management and leadership to ensure that tech
solutions are meeting current and future business needs and that development
activities are prioritized accordingly.
• Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to identify and
• Manage the development budget and anticipate technical & staffing investments
required to deliver our roadmap.
• Keep the team up-to-date on strategies, plans, ongoing delivery work, and any
other meaningful changes that may arise
The Right Fit:
The foundation of your success here will be your technical expertise and leadership skills
but you’ll thrive on our team because you are:
• Customer focused – you build great, intuitive customer experiences. You
understand how to keep customers happy, and why it’s so important.
• Solutions focused – you’ve built robust solutions with multiple diverse
stakeholders and obsess with data integrity and ensuring streamlined and efficient
• Sense of Ownership – you are as committed to external customers as internal
• A hands-on problem solver – you dig into the details, building a collaborative
environment to find solutions.
• Result Oriented – a manager than inspires the team to deliver great results
• Positive – you have a positive attitude and take initiative which rubs off on others.
• Minimum of 5 years of software development and 3 years’ experience leading
• Proven experience translating customer needs into an effective technical solution.
• Have built and scaled modular robust software solutions.
• Experience hiring, integrating, and coaching a small tech team to achieve big results.• Able to assess and deliver front-end UX/UI and have hands on experience with
node.js, MongoDB, React and AWS
• As comfortable discussing business strategies as running code reviews.
• Experience working in a startup or similar environment
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and
encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women,
visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and
people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the
recruitment process, please contact us.
Any applications (resume + short cover/motivation letter) can be sent directly to: email@example.com. She will filter any responses for role profile technical fit. This is a high growth company with a large potential to scale so the right candidate is essential!