Are you self-motivated and able to learn new technologies and grasp new concepts quickly? Do you take pride in your work and have a passion for efficiently delivering high quality work?
Versaterm Inc. is looking for System Developers to join our team of highly skilled individuals responsible for building and delivering mission critical systems to Police, Fire and EMS agencies across North America.
Versaterm is an Ottawa-based software organization that has been in business for over 35 years. Versaterm has an enviable reputation of providing industry leading products in this truly mission-critical area and providing the best possible customer support 24/7. Our client community depends on us and we, in turn, depend on our team of top-notch professionals. We are currently experiencing significant growth, with increased sales and installations of our software products used by public safety agencies throughout North America and the Caribbean.
- a challenging and rewarding work environment
- the ability to define your own career path and move up within the organization
- the opportunity to help protect and save lives by providing essential tools to public safety professionals including 911 dispatchers, emergency responders, records staff, investigators, command staff, etc.
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- performance-based bonuses
If you are a committed and talented individual with great communication skills who welcomes the opportunity to learn new technologies and takes pride in your work, then Versaterm is for you.
You will have the opportunity to:
- work closely with our client community to help them address real world problems
- have meaningful input into our direction and products
- travel to client sites across North America
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Previous experience is of value however recent graduates are also welcome to apply
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience using Oracle, IBM IDS (formerly Informix), or other large scale RDBMS
- Experience with UNIX or Linux, as well as Windows
- Exposure to XML, XSL, JSON, Web Services and other leading edge inter-system collaboration techniques
- Experience with reusable components, objects, WPF, Windows Forms; familiarity with XSL transformations, etc.
- Understanding of client/server applications and experience with websocket/socket/HTTP/SSL communications
- Exposure to map oriented spatial presentation tools and their interface to other development tools (e.g. ESRI)
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and an accompanying covering letter.
** Only resumes with appropriate covering letters will be reviewed. **