- David Skillicorn comments on the efficacy of the COVID-19 contact tracing app
- Congratulations to the Computing Class of 2020
- Alice Santilli wins Queen’s 3MT competition
- Amber Simpson receives funding from NFRF 2019 Exploration Competition
- 6 Queen’s Computing students awarded Vector Scholarship in AI
- Wendy Powley Receives Chancellor A. Charles Baillie Teaching Award
- Congratulations to Wendy Powley and Farhana Zulkernine on their Promotion to Associate Professor
- James Cordy receives Lifetime Achievement Award
Category Archives: In the News
On Friday March 8th, QWIC hosted Women in Tech Panel in celebration of International Women’s Day. Four female alumnae were on the panel to share their insights and experiences of their work in the field of computing. This year’s panel … Continue reading
David Skillicorn comments on why the decision to ban Huawei is a crucial one for Canada. Read the full story here: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/why-banning-huawei-is-just-one-of-a-series-of-steps-canada-needs-to-take-to-defend-itself
Owing to today’s predicted snow storm, The School of Computing will be closed from 12:30 p.m.
David Skillicorn was featured in a Yahoo Canada article talking about how the town of Midland, Ontario could have prevented their data from being held ransom by a hacker. You can read the full article here.