- James Cordy and Former PhD Student Chanchal Roy Win Most Influential Paper Award at SANER 2018
- Robin Dawes to Receive Frank Knox Award (with Honourable Mention to Randy Ellis)
- David Skillicorn Talks to Global News About Cyberattack on Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville
- Max Garcia Receives Agnes Benidickson Tricolour Award
- Two New Tenure-track Faculty Positions Announced
- Hillary Lia Named Finalist for Computing Research Association’s (CRA) Outstanding Undergraduate Researcher Award
- Fall Convocation
- KHSC and Queen’s to become First in North America to Use iKnife
Author Archives: Richard Linley
The School of Computing played host for the third time to the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario’s East Regional High School Programming Contest on April 30th. Twenty-two teams of up to four student programmers each participated, attempting to solve four … Continue reading
Dr. Martin’s participation in the new Scotiabank Centre for Customer Analytics is noted in today’s Queen’s Gazette.
Congratulations to Professor Gabor Fichtinger of the Queen’s School of Computing for another Matariki Network success. Dr. Fichtinger will contribute expertise in open source software for computer assisted interventions to the Biomechanics Meets Robotics: Methods for Accurate and Fast Needle … Continue reading
Congratulations to Queen’s School of Computing Ph.D. candidate Eslam G. AbdAllah who received a Best Paper Award at the 13th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC-2015), held in Liverpool, England, October 26-28, 2015, for his paper … Continue reading
A CBC story featuring QSC alumnus, Connor Dickie.
Dr. Selim G. Akl, Professor and Director of the Queen’s School of Computing, was the Honorary Speaker at the Queen’s University Convocation Ceremony on Thursday morning, June 11, 2015. Dr. Akl addressed the graduands from Anatomy & Cell Biology, Biochemistry, … Continue reading
Congratulations to those School of Computing graduands receiving degrees at the 10 June 2015 Convocation! Photos by Dave Dove.
Former QSC graduate student Dr. Kathrin Tyryshkin is featured in this Queen’s Gazette article about the Queen’s School of Graduate Studies’ Dissertation Boot Camp.
We are delighted to note from this article in the Queen’s Gazette that the School of Computing has two teams of undergraduate students competing at the world’s level finals of the Microsoft Imagine Cup. They are Canadian champions in two … Continue reading
The Canadian Association of Computer Science/Association d’informatique Canadienne has announced that Beatrice (Trixie) Worsley (1921-1972) is an initial recipient of its new Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Worsley was the first female computer scientist in Canada and a founding member of … Continue reading