- Coders Aren’t Assembly Line Workers
- Kids from kindergarten to Grade 12 should take Computer Science
- From the White House: Computer Science For All
- Computer Science Vital to a 21st Century Education: The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) hails the new “Every Student Succeeds” Law.
- A is for Algorithm: Coding in Schools
Category Archives: Uncategorized
David Max writes a rebuttal to a recent WIRED article that projected that people without degrees can learn to use domain-specific programming languages. He argues that requirements keep getting more complex, which requires software expertise to implement. Read his full … Continue reading
What we have been saying for years: Teach kindergarten kids computer science, technology council advises More details here and here.
Click the link, below, to learn about U.S. President Obama’s bold new initiative to empower a generation of American students with the computer science skills they need to thrive in a digital economy. (Article by Megan Smith.) https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/01/30/computer-science-all
Computer Science Vital to a 21st Century Education: The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) hails the new “Every Student Succeeds” Law.
“ACM, the world’s leading computing society, today praised the enactment of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) into law as an important and historic step for K-12 education in the United States. The new law recognizes that computer science is … Continue reading