“ACM, the world’s leading computing society, today praised the enactment of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) into law as an important and historic step for K-12 education in the United States. The new law recognizes that computer science is a fundamental academic subject, along with reading and writing, vital to a “well-rounded” education in the 21st century. The increased emphasis on providing early and ongoing exposure to computer science and connecting it as part of learning in other curriculum areas will bring long-lasting benefits for our work force, economy, and society.”
- Kids from kindergarten to Grade 12 should take Computer Science
- From the White House: Computer Science For All
- Computer Science Vital to a 21st Century Education: The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) hails the new “Every Student Succeeds” Law.
- A is for Algorithm: Coding in Schools
- Computing Science is the Best Degree for Job Offers